We provide intellectual property solutions...
Whether you simply require quick trademark protection or a multi-territory patent filing programme, at Atkinson & Company we always craft bespoke proposals aligned to your commercial objectives.View all legal services
We believe in building intellectual property portfolios. We see all forms of IP as complementary, working together to add greater value to your organisation than the sum of parts would suggest. In this space, effective management of intellectual property rights is key.Learn more
We see our role as being one of converting your knowledge and structural capital into intellectual properties that maximise the value of your investments. How we do this is all down to developing IP strategies that take into account your commercial objectives.Learn more
We see three core aspects to the Atkinson & Company approach to providing intellectual property services:
Our team is just that: a team. We work together to provide well-researched solutions to your intellectual property issues.
We have over 70 years of IP experience between us, working with small, embryonic start-up organisations through to multinational corporations.
We work with trusted funding advisers, management consultants, marketing experts, product designers and solicitors to maximise your business opportunities.
- Friday fantasies
- Dreaming (Literally) about Patent Litigation and the "Right" Result
- The monetarisation of Let's Plays: an exercise in copyright management
- "But everyone else does it": the Corporate edition
- Can unfit copyright laws favour businesses' growth and emergence of new services?
- The Green Mountain state sues a Texas patent troll
- Wednesday whimsies
- Speedypats can be okay -- if handled with care
- Huawei: the Duesseldorf court presumes to ask
- Copyright and performance: reflections on a complex relationship
- Focusing one's sights on invalid dependent claims
- Quibbling over minutiae? Or has something been overlooked? Concerns over UK implementation of the UPC Agreement and Unitary Patent
- Monday miscellany
- Hatching Europe's Unified Patent Court: who will pay for the chickens and eggs?
- And 12 Points go to ... Ukraine
- Friday fantasies
- Framing of videos: Court of Justice to rule
- The IP Lawyer's Nightmare: "But Everyone Else Does It"
- Carry-on over Cariou: when works are transformative 'as a matter of law'
- From Alice to Apple: patentable subject matter crosses the Atlantic
- The IPKat gets Spicy - more detail on the Indian Supreme Court Glivec Decision
- Bowman v Monsanto: the US Supreme Court rules on patent exhaustion and replication of patented seeds
- Wake up and smell the coffee: Arnold J gets real with consumables and indirect patent infringement
- Autocomplete: can Google turn bad news into good profit?
- The wrong tool for the wrong job: time to keep the US courts away from patentable subject matter?